The minimum system requirements for a desktop or notebook are as follows:
- Windows 7 sp1 or higher
- OSX 10.8 or higher
- Current, up-to-date antivirus/endpoint protection software
- 10/100 Ethernet card and/or 802.11 g/n/ac wireless (must support WPA2 TKIP/PSK)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- For off-campus/online students, high speed internet connection 10+ Mbps
- It is highly recommended to use a USB flash drive or USB external hard drive to back up files that are stored on your computer’s local hard drive. You could also use a free cloud-based storage service such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, iCloud Drive, DropBox, etc.
- Peer to Peer software (P2P) is one of the major sources of malware infections and can interfere with normal device operation. All P2P applications are strongly discouraged.
Email the Helpdesk or call them Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 574-372-5100, ext. 6174.