Grace College Study Abroad is excited to hear and see what our students are experiencing while they are overseas. To participate in the photo or essay contest please review these rules.
- The photo contest takes place once every academic year.
- Three categories: Spontaneous Moment, Sense of Place, and Significant Encounter.
- Students are allowed to enter three photos in each category.
- Entries must be received by August 20.
- Winners will be notified October 1.
- All photos will be available for viewing and voting on by the student body. The winners will be chosen by a committee of faculty, staff and students.
- There will be four winners. The panel will decide on a winner from each of the three submission categories and the last winner will be the favorite photo voted for by students.
- Submit in highest possible resolution.
- Submit in electronic .jpg format.
- Winners will receive a Tree of Life gift card and their photo will be displayed in the Global Office.
- Photo must be original work; professional photos will not be accepted.
- Submitted photos will become the sole property of Grace College. Grace College will have full rights of display and reproduction.
- Photo must have a title and a caption.
Photo can be in color or black and white.
- Language Majors are required to submit one essay at the end of their study abroad experience, as part of the FLC 490 Senior Seminar (for deadline info, please contact Carlos Tellez).
- Language Minors are strongly encouraged to submit an essay at the end of their study abroad experience.
- All other students have the option of submitting an entry once during their study abroad experience.
- Format is MLA. Please follow MLA format guidelines for submission.
- Word count: Minimum 500 words/Maximum 750 words.
- Topic – How You Have Changed as a Result of Your Study Abroad Experience.
- Essay Contest Committee will determine the winner. Committee will be comprised of faculty, staff and students.
- Prize yet to be determined.
- All entries will become the sole property of Grace College. Grace College will have full rights of display and reproduction.
- Essays must be original work, composed by the student.
Email the office of Global Initiatives or call 574-372-5100, ext. 6133.